Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does The Opal Room’s on site massage work?
The Opal Room brings massage therapy to your door steps, so you do away with the hassle of going out. After the massage, you can simply stay to rest and soak in the therapeutic benefits.
2. Who is the massage therapist?
Seow Cher (SC) is the key therapist at The Opal Room. She has been delivering massage therapy on outcall since 2016. She received professional training and certification from both international (ITEC) and local (WSQ) accreditations. Read more here.
|Areas of Service||Travel Fee|
|Sentosa or other islands of Singapore||S$ 40|
|All other areas not listed above||S$ 20|
4. What do I need to get ready?
|You will get ready||We will bring|
Required space for massage table
A workspace of at least 2m x 2m is required to set up the massage table for your use.
The other option is our 30mm thick yoga mat. Many of our customers find it also comfortable to have massage on it.
For safety reasons, we do not carry out massage therapy on your personal resting furniture.
5. How should I prepare myself for the massage?
Before your massage, you might want to take a warm shower which would relax your muscles and help you wind down.
6. I am not feeling well. I want massage to make me feel better and help me rest.
Massage stimulates internal circulation which in turn increases the movement of toxins in your systems. This could make you feel more uncomfortable.
For your safety, we highly recommend that you reschedule your appointment before we arrive, and seek medical attention. If our therapist is already at your place and cannot commence massage due to this safety concern, we may ask that the travel fee be reimbursed.
7. Are there extra services?
Strictly no. Any client who requests for or engages in any forms of sexual or indecent acts, will have his or her massage immediately terminated and be liable for full payment of the appointment. The incident will also be reported to the relevant authorities.
In addition, The Opal Room does not tolerate any abusive behavior or inappropriate conduct. Any client who exhibits violent or abusive acts which threaten the safety of the therapist will have his or her massage immediately terminated and be liable for full payment of the appointment. The incident will also be reported to the relevant authorities.
8. Is on site / home massage safe?
It is the aim of The Opal Room to build a therapeutic relationship with you based on trust and professional integrity. We carry out our therapy profession with pride and dignity.
For your own peace of mind, please keep all valuables away from sight.
9. Why are we not able to reach you by phone call?
The Opal Room is currently manned by one main therapist who is likely to be occupied giving massage when you call. We request that you text us by Whatsapp and we will reply you as the earliest possible.
10. Can I have the massage appointment together with my other family member or friend?
There are 2 ways for this request.
- It can be a back to back arrangement by the main therapist. That means one gets massaged one after another, by the same therapist. The respective travel fee applies.
- If both of you prefer to have massage at the same time, then The Opal Room will need to arrange another therapist for the appointment. Hence, it will be treated as 2 separate therapist services and 2 separate travel fees.
11. Why are your Client Intake Form and Visit form for?
The Opal Room recognises that no 2 individual are the same. At your first appointment, you will fill in a Client Intake Form which gives us important information on your health background and allows us to recommend appropriate wellness care. This form shall be updated as and when your health status changes. We trust your support to keep us updated.
The Opal Room also recognises that no 2 visits are the same. The Visit Form will record your concerns and preferences, the services recommended and accepted, pertaining to each appointment. It serves to keep both you and The Opal Room informed on a per appointment basis.
12. How do I make an appointment?
You can Whatsapp us at +65 87535356, indicating your details – Name, Address, Contact Number, Date / Time of Service Request, Duration of Massage Required.
We highly recommend you to book with 48 hours in advance, and seek your understanding that bookings are subjected to first-come-first and availability.
13. How do I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
If you are not able to attend the appointment, we strongly encourage you to cancel the appointment as soon as possible. We can then channel the freed up slot to our wait list, and help keep an optimal experience for all.
Please note that upon 2 or more no-show cancellation, we may review your future booking requests.
14. How do I make my payment?
You may pay by either cash or Pay Now (Mobile Number 8753 5356)
15. I have other questions not found above. How do I reach you?
You may email us at email@example.com or whatsapp us at +65 8753 5356 .